This exemplary wine comes from various small plots and has been vinified with greatest care in order to bring out the inherent character of the grapes.
Surface area : 75 ares (1,85 acres)
Location : Planted in the middle-hillsides, with an elevation of 300m., with a Southern – Southeastern exposure.
Soil : Granite in decomposition mixed with clay.
Age of the vines : From 15 to 40 years old
Main analytic characteristics :
• alcohol = 13,13°
• residual sugar = 12,5 g/l
• tartaric acidity = 5,80 g/l
• pH = 3.34
Tasting notes :
• A bright straw yellow colour with gold reflections
• A well-developed and delicate bouquet with overtones of white and yellow flowers and more discreet nuances of seed fruits
• After a firm and frank entry, it shows a full-body, is generous and then nicely nervy with a long finish with lingering flavors.
• Powerful and dry yet at the same time elegant, this is a perfect gastronomic wine !
The good body and the elegance of this wine, allows it to be drunk as an aperitif or to be very easily married with rich dishes such as :
– pâtés, terrines, rillettes
– fishes or seafood cooked with sauce
– white meats (veal, poultry…) as well as marinated meats (game, etc).
Ageing : between 5 and 8 years