Linsenberg” is a very steep hillside located in Wihr-au-Val where the stony ground rapidly warms up in springtime. Its steep slope favorable to an exceptional exposure to the sun and the poverty of its soil with limits yield, allow the excellent maturation and concentration of this Riesling.
Surface area : 1,20 ha (3 acres)
Location : Very steep slopes with southern exposure
Soil : A stony and shallow granite soil rich in micas with a fractured basement which permits the roots to grow deeply.
Age of the vines : 20 – 25 years
Production : 5 700 bottles
Main analytic characteristics :
• alcohol = 13°
• residual sugar = 1.2 g/l
• tartaric acidity = 8,96 g/l
• pH = 3.02
Tasting notes :
• A bright straw yellow colour
• An attractive flowery bouquet of white flowers and fresh fruits complexified by a touch of minerality.
• A firm first taste full of fresh fruits, then a beautiful presence on the palate with a good body and a long finish with beautiful minerality and a very pure acidity .
This very pure and serious Riesling which is still a bit closed, is a true gastronomic wine with a beautiful future in front of him
It is unrivalled as an accompaniment to :
• fish, shellfish, seafood (nature or cooked)
• poultry and white meat with creamy sauce
• oven-baked oysters
• Italian cuisine (with fresh or sun-dried tomatoes)
• fresh and creamy cheeses
Ageing : 8-10 years
“Bright straw. Perfumed nose of white flowers, sweet citrus fruit and a hint of spicy botrytis. Bright and juicy with fresh flavors similar to the aromas. Finishes long and mineral with repeating floral notes. Made from 30-year-old, fully south-facing vines that always give Schoenheitz’s most elegant Riesling: the combination of a little passerillage (very dry weather prevailed during the harvest) and the small percentage of noble-rot-affected grapes (10% or so) really increased the complexity level of this beautiful wine. ” Vinous 93 point