92 point Vinous
The vines of “Pinot” succeed particularly well in the Valley of Munster that the reason why they benefit from the appellation “Val Saint Grégoire” which is the historic name of the Valley of Munster (before the Protestant reform).
Surface area : 0.63 ha ( 1.58 acres)
Location : on the lower slope of the hillside with southern exposure
Soil : Very decomposed granite rich in micas
Age of the vines : 25-30 years
Production : 4 200 bottles
Ageing only in old oak barrels to avoid any woody taste and to favour the expression of the inherent character of the grapes and the “terroir”
Main analytic characteristics :
• alcohol = 13°
• tartaric acidity = 5,45 g/l
• pH = 3.62
Tasting notes :
• A brilliant red cherry colour with garnet reflections.
• An intense nose with fresh and delicate aromas of small red fruits with a dominant of kirsch.
• A nice presence on the palate with a lot of fruits and a good body supported by supple tannins.
This is an ideal all-purpose red wine :
• Perfect for a cold sideboard
• Delicious on most starters
• To dare with fish
• Happy pairing also with white and red meats (in particular grilled or roasted)
• Cheeses with flowery crusts (camembert, brie, etc…)
Ageing : It can be drunk now or benefit from a longer ageing (between 3 and 5 years).