The vines of “Pinot” succeed particularly well in the Valley of Munster. This cuvée of Pinot Noir comes from young vines and has been vinified with greatest care in order to bring out the inherent character of the grapes.
Surface area : 40 ares (1 acre)
Location : On the lower slopes of the hillside with southern exposure.
Soil : Very decomposed granite rich in micas and silica.
Age of the vines : 15 years old
Production : Ageing during 6 months only in old oak barrels to favor the expression of the inherent character of the grapes with as less woody taste as possible.
Main analytic characteristics :
• alcohol = 12,8°
• tartaric acidity = 5,4 g/l
• pH = 3,43
Tasting notes :
• A brillant ruby color with garnet reflections.
• An intense nose with fresh aromas of small red fruits with a dominant of black currant.
• A good presence on the palate with a lot of fruits, body and firm tannins.
This is an ideal all-purpose red wine :
• perfect for a cold sideboard
• delicious on most appetizers
• happy pairing also with white and red meats (grilled or roasted)
Ageing : between 3 and 5 years