When buying Gin in the 1700’s and 1800’s you’d be offered a simple choice: English Gin or Holland’s Gin. Hollands Gin is today known as Jenever, and English Gin was branded fancy names as Old Tom, Young Tom or Samson, or after the name of the distiller or the location ex. Booth’s, Gordon’s, Warrington and Beefeater.
In 1783, England was the largest importer of French Champagne, and it was normal that consumers would use any vessel they had for filling gin from the gin shops, and most likely there were a lot of Champagne bottles being re-used for filling in gin.
This Old English Gin is made from a 1783 recipe (still being kept in the safe at the distillery) distilling 11 botanicals in the oldest pot still being used in England at present day, called Angela or Grand Ma (named of the mother of the master distiller at that time). And made by John Dore Ltd. from some of the last British copper.
I wanted to create this unique product, being as original and true to a spirits category as possible, and yet in line with today’s requirements for high quality, environmental friendly and CO2 neutral products. And by using a traditional champagne bottle, organic sealing and silk printed label as they did in 1783, we are emphasizing the concept of how English Gin tasted and was made, named and distributed back then. So to taste a cocktail as it was intended, you need a Gin that hasn’t changed. Old English Gin is how it was: Truly original!
.Awarded The World’s Best Gin in London 2015
• Awarded The World’s Best Design in 2013
• Awarded in 15 international spirits tastings
• Nominated “Best Green Launch” in London
• Nominated “Best New Spirit” in Paris
• CLASS Magazine UK – rating: 5+/5
• Eye For Spirits DE – rating: 10/10
• GSN’ USA – rating: A+
• Distilled Gin at 44% ABV. Only sugar and water is added after the distillation
• Juniper, coriander, lemon, orange, angelica, cassia, liquorice, cinnamon,
orris root, nutmeg, cardamom
• Distilled from 100% pure grain spirit (English wheat)
• Distilled at Langley Distillers in England – a 200 year old family owned distillery
• Silkscreen print label with environmental friendly paint
• Natural cork stopper and organic wax sealing
• Diluted with water from our own artesian well